We recruit motivated people who will progress and be part of a qualified team where each person puts the customer and safety at the core of their actions and decisions. To round off our team based at the FBO on Ryan Avenue in Dorval, we are actively looking for a:
(Permanent full-time position – 40 hours/week)
Under the supervision of the Director of Flight Operations /Operations Manager, the Chief Pilot is responsible for the professional standards of the members of his crew.
The Chief Pilot (CP) is responsible for the professional standards of the flight crews under his or her authority, and in particular;
- Liaise with the Base Pilots, Dispatch and Crew Scheduling on operational matters and with outside agencies.
- Develop standard operating procedures and maintain upkeep of the manuals.
- Develop and implement all required approved training programs for flight crews;
- Issue directives and notices to the flight crews as required;
- Determine the operational suitability and requirements of all aerodromes and routes served by the Company;
- Action and distribute accident, incident and other occurrence reports in SMSpro;
- Process and action flight crew reports in SMS pro;
- Supervise the flight crews;
- Assume duties and/or responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Flight Operations/Operations Manager;
- Fully comply with the roles and responsibilities described mainly in Section 1.6 of the iSMS Manual and that which may also be found in other parts of said manual.
- Be cognizant the Company Operations Manual Sections 6.13 and 6.14 for duties and responsibilities in respect of technical operations.
- Follow the process for establishing and revising operational policies, rules, instructions and procedures, as documented in the Company Operations Manual.
- Assist in scheduling.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PROFILE?
To meet CASS 725.07(2)(b) requirements, the candidate shall have the following qualification:
(A) hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence (aeroplanes), a valid Instrument Rating appropriate for group 1 (multi-engine) aeroplane and a type rating for DHC-8 or HS 748.
(B) have at least 3 years aeroplane experience as pilot-in-command on an aircraft operated under part 705 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations:
(C) be qualified for line flying on the DHC-8 or HS-748.
(D) demonstrate knowledge to the Minister with respect to the content of the Company Operations Manual, Training Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Approved Check Pilot Manual (if applicable), and the provisions of the Regulations and Standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position; and
(E) the chief pilot’s personal record in relation to aviation shall not include any conviction under subsection 7.3(1) of the Aeronautics Act
The Chief Pilot applicant must also have the following attributes:
- Must hold, or be able to hold, a Captain position on company 705 aircraft. Years of experience and seniority will be prioritized.
- Must have training skills.
- Must have organizational skills.
- Must have management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to interact with personnel in a professional and effective manner.
- Must have or be able to attain Accredited Check Pilot (ACP) authority when required.
- Bilingual (English and French), have excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset.
All interested pilots will submit a letter stating their interest and qualifications for this position by e-mail to email@example.com by March 15, 2020.