About

Air Creebec is a regional airline based in Waskaganish, Quebec. It operates regularly scheduled flights, charter and freight services to 16 destinations in Quebec and Ontario. The main bases are located at the Val-d’Or, Montreal and Timmins airports, with hubs in Waskaganish, Chisasibi, and Moosonee.

Established in June 1982, the airline first took flight a few weeks later, on July 1. At that time the Cree owned 51% of the company and Austin Airways owned the remaining 49%. In 1988, the Cree purchased the remaining airline assets in the largest commercial deal undertaken by any aboriginal group in Canada to that date – bringing Air Creebec completely under Cree ownership. Air Creebec now employs over 350 people, about one-third of whom are First Nations.

Air Creebec operates 19 aircraft registered with Transport Canada. Our fleet includes Dash 8-300, Dash 8-100, King Air 100 and HS748 cargo aircraft. We are in the process of acquiring additional aircraft to better serve our clientele.

Air Creebec is committed to providing top-quality airline services in Quebec and Ontario. We have worked very hard over the past quarter century to achieve our vision of reliable and comfortable air travel to the north. The pursuit of excellence is our primary and unwavering focus.

Vision

Leadership with inspiration, integrity and innovation

Air Creebec is without a doubt THE airline for seasoned northern travelers, ruling the skies over James Bay. The company is known for its experience with short runways, its technical skill dealing with the whims of Mother Nature, and its rigorous attention to aircraft maintenance.

The pilots, employees, managers, and customers of Air Creebec are the beating heart of the region’s economic development—most of all because they put their hearts into the region.

Today, Air Creebec wants to do more and better by continuing to improve its services and to do what it has been doing for over 35 years: safely transporting its valued customers.

History

Established in June 1982, the airline first took flight a few weeks later, on July 5th. At that time the Cree owned 51% of the company and Austin Airways owned the remaining 49%. In 1988, the Cree purchased the remaining airline assets in the largest commercial deal undertaken by any aboriginal group in Canada to that date – bringing Air Creebec completely under Cree ownership. We are really proud of our history. Our founding leaders had always had a long-term vision for Air Creebec. It was a massive undertaking and this paved the way to who we are today.

Video

Keep in touch

Sign up and receive our promotions and news by email.